ARF and its members sponsor various dog related events each year. This page provides information about those events for the upcoming year. If you know of any additional events that we should list on the web site please email the Webmaster.
2014 Rottweiler Obedience Workshops
ARF member, Cecelia Banfield, conducts monthly obedience workshops exclusively for Rottweilers at her Sky's The Limit Dog Training Center in Vacaville, CA. She has both an indoor arena and an outdoor venue so the workshops will happen no matter what the weather. The workshops begin at 8:30AM but you MUST REGISTER IN ADVANCE to reserve a time slot. For questions and to reserve a time please contact Cessie at 707-410-8648 or email Cessie.
- Fees for the workshop are:
- $15 for a 15 minute time slot for Utility
- $10 for a 10 minute time slot for Open and Novice
- $10 for an additional entry for the same dog for Utility
- $8 for and additional entry for the same dog for Open/Novice
- Upcoming Workshop Dates Are:
- Workshops start at 9AM
Cessie will also be having monthly Rally Workshops starting at 9AM. The fee is $10 for three runs through the course.
Join ARF at Woofstock
June 5-8, 2014 (Thursday - Sunday)
Enjoy seven opportunities to show your Rottweilers during four consecutive days of Rottweiler competition . The 2014 ARF Rottweiler Specialty has moved to Woofstock at the Solano County Fairgrounds in Vallejo, CA.
- 4 days of All-Breed Rottweiler judging June 5-8 (Thurs-Sunday)
- 2 Concurrent Rottweiler Specialties June 6-7 (Friday & Saturday)
- Puppy & Veteran Sweepstakes June 5 (Thursday)
- Supported entries at the all-breed shows all four days
- The Concurrent Specialties on Friday and Saturday will start immediately following regular all-breed judging each day.
- Enter Early AKC rules limit the event to 100 entries each day of a concurrent specialty.
June 8-9, 2013 (Saturday & Sunday)
ARF will be at the Woofstock shows in Vallejo with a supported Sweepstakes event and a Supported Entry for Rottweilers. Read about other Woofstock Fun Events including a BBQ dinner and Costume Contest. There will be very extensive Health Clinics at Woofstock too. See the Woofstock Premium for more details.
- Supported Entry, June 8, 2013 (Saturday)
- Supported Entry, June 9, 2013 (Sunday)
ARF's Dixon Super Weekend
August 2 & 3, 2014 (Saturday & Sunday)
ARF's Annual Super Weekend will be held at the Richmond Dog Fanciers show in Dixon, California.
Annual All-Breed ATTS Temperament Test (Saturday & Sunday). Any breed dog can take this test. A completed Entry Form is required and advance reservations are recommended. Dogs must be 18 months old by the day of the test. If your dog passes the test you will receive a Certificate within 90 days.
The test is open to (must be at least 18 months old):
- All pure-bred dogs
- All spayed or neutered mixed-breed dogs
- Un-sterilized mixed-breed dogs may be tested but will not receive a Certificate
We recommend that applicants pre-register for the Temperament Test. In the past few years the test has sold out and we have not been able to accomodate everyone who wanted to test their dog. By pre-registering you not only reserve a test slot, you can also reserve a specific time and day for your dog's test. The fee for this year's Temperament Test is $45. You can pre-register by completing the Application Form and returning it and a check for the registration fee to ARF's TT Coordinator. Please read these Instructions carefully before completing your application.
This temperament test is authorized and supervised by the American Temperament Test Society, Inc. Learn more about ATTS and the Temperament Evaluation at the ATTS Web Site. There is a complete description of the test and a FAQ page on the ATTS web site.
- Two Days of Supported Entries at Richmond Dog Fanciers all-breed dog show (Saturday & Sunday)
ARF will again be supporting the Rottweiler entry both days of the dog show with great special prizes for each day's winners of Best of Breed, Best of Opposite Sex, Winners Dog and Winners Bitch.
Northern California Rottweiler Specialties
Date - TBD
American Rottweiler Club Region VI Specialty in Carmel, California. The Specialty, hosted by WRO, will include Junior Showmanship, Obedience, Sweepstakes and regular Conformation. Watch for an annoucement of this event.